- HAZOP is not an engineering review meeting. If problems are identified, they shall be referred for separate action
- HAZOP is generally qualitative based on experience of participants. Risk ranking is carried out based on main criteria ‚safety‘ and ‚environment‘ (financial impact, by agreement). In case of ALARP residual risk it shall be considered if additional action is required
- ‘Frozen’ documents required, changes shall be evaluated by separate MOC procedure
- Causes are generally to be taken within the node only; however, influences upstream / downstream project interfaces shall be considered
- Consequences and safeguards may occur anywhere inside and outside the node (however, only within HAZOP scope as defined in PIDs)
For a remote HAZOP, an additional etiquette for video-conferencing should be applied.